Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Little Background

Hey guys! I know I just wrote yesterday but I am doing a little angry blogging because a VERY recent run-in with my mother just drove me even further away. Well here goes...a little background on why I am becoming a sugar and why I want this lifestyle...

When I was 12 my mother took me away from everything I knew from the east coast to live in Seattle while she pursued a law degree. I had just been granted a full scholarship to a wonderful private school and unfortunately my father did not want anything to do with my education nor with bettering it so he refused to allow me to stay at his home. While I was in Seattle my mother and I lived in a one bedroom apartment and we would trade-off on who slept in the bed. We moved to one apartment to another and as time went on we were poorer and poorer. Now my mother, being as head-strong and stubborn as she was though that food stamps and welfare were beneath her so we didn't use them. Instead, we received child support, albeit late, from my father and buffer money from my then-drug dealer brother. During the time we lived in Seattle I had a fling with a 22 year old man while I was 14. It revolved around stints in his back-seat, front-seat, and on park tables performing fellatio on him. I received nothing out of it, but when I decided to go to boarding school because I couldn't bear another month, let alone year, in that city I ended things. To say the least, I earned skills but nothing else except a broken heart and bruised ego and much emotional damage that it took a few years to reverse and heal.
However we moved to Chicago the summer I before I turned 16 and things were peachy enough. Until I met another 22 year old. Except this one in particular actually liked me, and as naive as he was tried to make me his "girlfriend" or better yet trophy. It didn't work .This past summer (3 years after we moved to Chicago) I moved to Connecticut. My mother previously worked for the City of Chicago and made good enough money to keep the bills paid and take us both shopping with a little extra for incidentals, lost her job prompting her to take a job for a non-profit as a residential director for a home full of high school girls. We are now broke. We no longer have health insurance and I no longer have a room to myself, as I now have to share a bed with my mother and my belongings are scattered across the North-Eastern seaboard between houses of family members. Clearly when my mother accepted this job she did not have her daughter's welfare in mind.

I need my own. My own space to live. My own car to drive. Just yesterday my mother lent out my keyboard to one of the girls in this house...although they have a piano in the living room. I feel out of place here. I can't even afford to wear weaves anymore! What's a girl to do?! I even have a job, but it helps none when put up against student loans. So yeah...that's my story. Hopefully I can find an SD by March.

Ladies, I would love to hear your personal stories about what brought you to the sugar bowl
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, when I read your first few posts I thought, "She not about this life." But after reading this I feel for you. Im pretty deep in the sugar world and know what works for AA women, so if you need any support feel free to contact me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow… that's tough. Have you thought about applying to be an RA, a resident assistant/advisor with student life at your school? I did that for 3 years in undergrad and I got placed in the brand new campus apartment, free room & board year-round. FREE MONEY, oh and you learn leadership skills. LoL… <3

    ReplyDelete