Today I met a fellow from AM at Starbucks today for coffee. In between his numerous business calls and our awkward silences he seemed like a nice enough gentleman. He is well-dressed and speaks eloquently. However, there is no chemistry. Like at all. He's someone's husband, someone's father...that's just a little too weird for me. He also mentioned that he had herpes. That's a huge deal-breaker. I have no STDs, never had one, and I would prefer to not be put at risk by dealing with a fellow who carries an incurable kind. No thanks.
Also, last Saturday I went out with a fellow who I met on SA. He was nice, handsome, beautiful chocolate skin, and a delectable accent. He was funny, and we both have a very dry sense of humor so we got along quite fine. There was chemistry there and I didn't mind giving him a little "top" as my friends and I call it. ;) He was young which I don't mind, and he gave me a little sugar at the end of the night. Which is ALWAYS a plus.
In my head I had an idea about what kind of arrangement I wanted, and meeting these two men is showing me that I do NOT want some old man with gross teeth (ew!) He wanted a kiss after he dropped me off at my campus, which I might add was a bit awkward (picture this: silver 2-door Benz on an HBCU campus with an old white man and a young black woman...hmmm) but I digress...I don't kiss and tell but I also do not kiss if there is no chemistry and no attraction. I do not now where your lips/ mouth have been and I wasn't looking to find out.
*So sugars remember, you need to go out a bit with a few pots so that you can figure out for yourself what you are looking for. Because it's not worth it to believe that you want something particular and realize that that sugar isn't as sweet as you thought. Also, life is a constant battle of figuring out your limits of how far you can go with a particular situation all the while keeping your dignity and your morals intact*
But anyways, I think I'll keep the young man around because I genuinely like him as a person. I have standards, yanno?
you gave him "top"? on the first date??? girl, the sugar better have been worth it... i dont think that was a good idea... but im naturally more conservative... hay, whatever works...
ReplyDeleteccsb
Ok, I don't know if I'm just really naïve or slow… but by “top”, do you oral?? I hope you used a condom; you can get STD infections in your mouth and esophagus… like herpes down your throat—it happens!
ReplyDelete